"The planning committee of the Parish Council has reviewed the Chelmsford Borough Plan and is making the following recommendations:
- No variation to be made to the Green Belt boundary.
- There is a need for affordable housing and we hope that sympathetic consideration will be given to applications of this type.
- We wish to ensure that no change in usage or extension for industrial purposes in Bakers Lane. The location is more suited to residential than industrial use.
- We wish the allotment gardens in Chaplin Close to be retained.
- We consider Chelmer Park to be underdeveloped as far as leisure is concerned and would like to see sporting facilities extended to include a bowling green.
- Shops, other than those shown in the shopping area must be retained for the benefit of parishioners.
- Deadmans Lane is shown on a map dated 1789 and should be designated by the County Council as a protected lane and indicated accordingly in the proposals map.
The Parish Council has identified a need for improved health and banking facilities and hope there would be no objection to these."