Header Graphic

Enter Search text :  

Year Picture


  Articles for Year: 1987

Page 1 of 3

  A Club for Local Artists
  An Art Club has been formed which meets weekly in the Vicarage Hall in Beehive Lane. It caters for all media, including oils, water colour, acrylics and pastels. The club came about largely through the efforts of Ray Fullerton and the enthusiastic response indicates a promising future for this new local activity.
  Source: Glimpses of Galleywood 2nd Edition Year: 1987
 
  Award for Helix
  Helix Garage Ltd in Stock Road has been judged regional winner in a national competition organised by Citroen UK Ltd. to encourage and reward quality in pre-delivery inspection. In receiving the prize of £1000 of equipment, Director Peter Balm said 'We have been associated with Citroen for twenty years and are delighted to remain with them. They have become very significant in the market place.'
  Source: Essex Chronicle 24 May 1987 Year: 1987
 
  British Legion Jubilee Celebrations
  The Galleywood branch of the Royal British Legion celebrated its fiftieth anniversary with a Golden Jubilee Dinner and Dance at the Keene Hall on the 19th September. Prior to 1937, the Galleywood branch was a sub-section of the Chelmsford branch. Although the membership of ex service men and women is now only 57 it continues to play an active role especially in the Poppy day Appeal and at the Remembrance Day Parade and Service at St Michael's Church.
  Source: Glimpses of Galleywood 2nd Edition Year: 1987
 
  Farewell Party for Pat
  Over 200 children and parents attended a surprise party to say farewell to their nursery school teacher. Pat Wortledge had run their school in a small garden building for over twenty years. After her retirement last term, parents began planning the farewell presentation which took place at the home of Chris Edwards in Private Road. Chris had sent three of his children to the school. Felicity Coughlan was responsible for much of the preparation for the event.
  Source: Essex Chronicle 18 Sept 1987 Year: 1987
 
  Galleywood becomes a Civil Parish
  On the 1st of April, 1987, Galleywood was separated from the Parish of Great Baddow and became a Civil Parish in its own right. Nine Parish Councillors were elected by the residents to form the first Galleywood Parish Council. Councillor Keith Liley, a Chelmsford Borough Councillor and former Great Baddow Parish Councillor, became the first Chairman of the Council. In anticipation of Galleywood becoming a civil Parish, the Keene Hall was extensively modernised in 1986 to provide accommodation for the Parish clerk's office. Parish Council, Planning and other committee meetings are held in the Keene Hall and are open to the public.
  Source: Glimpses of Galleywood 2nd Edition Year: 1987
 
[1 2 3]

Website designed by